This is a list of tid-bits that I find useful in aiding the Domestic Witch in creating a comfortably witchy home.
1. Spray a bit of perfume, drops of essential oils, or room spray on light bulbs to make a room smell fresh and add a magickal aura according to the sent you’ve chosen. Make sure you do this while the light is off otherwise the light bulb will likely explode.
2. Keeping an acorn at your window will keep lightning from striking.
3. Keep a Kitchen Witch (Cottage Witch) doll in your kitchen to bring good luck and to keep away any ill meaning spirits.
4. Spilling water on your tablecloth means a storm is coming. The same is true of a coffee pot that keeps boiling over.5.Burn a candle on your stove to symbolize the hearth fire of the past. This honors your patron kitchen Goddess and fills your home with love. (Candles have a longer burning life if you place them in the freezer for a few hours before lighting them.)6. To keep an unwanted visitor from returning sweep whatever room or rooms they were in as soon as they leave your home.7. Never sweep your kitchen after the sun goes down8. Two yolks in an egg foretell a marriage.9. Cakes should be baked while the sun is rising.10. Never turn a loaf of bread upside down after it has been cut.11. It’s good luck to receive a loaf of bread as a house-warming present.12. To throw away bread is to throw away any potential luck and prosperity that would come to your home, instead make breadcrumbs or feed it to the birds.13. If a ring of rice forms around the edge of a pot it means money is coming.14. Wine leftover from ritual…freeze it in ice cube trays then add a cube or two to gravies, sauces, and casseroles as needed.15. To make your food taste better keep a quartz crystal on or near your stove.16. When given a plant as a gift you should not say thank you or the plant will die.17. Those looking for love should place a pot of basil on their windowsill.18. Rosemary can be placed under pillows to ward of evil spirits.19. In ancient times it was believed that in gardens “where rosemary flourished, the woman ruled.”20. Lavender can be placed under the mattress to bring passion to the marital bed or hung on a bedpost for protection.21. Growing ivy in your home guards against disaster.22. Grow a spider plant (chlorophytum comosum) in a space you want to purify.(Source: ravenrinspagannest’s blogspot)
Intent: To keep one safe and free from mishaps on long trips.
- Irish Moss (aka Carrageen)
- Comfrey Root
- Black Cohosh
- White Oak Bark
- Mortar & Pestle
- Mesh Strainer
- Collection Dish
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not use the Black Cohosh if you are or think you might be pregnant. If need be, you can substitute Basil.
Grind each ingredient separately for several minutes to produce fine powder. Sieve the material through the mesh strainer into the collection dish; this removes the larger ungrindable pieces and gives you cleaner powdered herb. (Pro-Tip: Putting a funnel under the strainer helps reduce lost material.)
Retain the leftover large pieces that don’t make it through the strainer. You can use this for loose incense or charm bags later. Remember, witchlings: waste not, want not! (For the Nutmeg, supermarket spice works just fine.)
Combine the component powders in the collection dish, mix well, and bottle immediately.
Fold a few pinches in a paper packet containing your travel details. Tuck this into your luggage or the glove compartment of your car. For more travel general protection, you can sprinkle a few pinches in the footwells of your car, or just keep a few blank paper packets around if you frequently travel on short notice.
Honey is quite an amazing little substance, i often find myself using it my work ( seriously i have a 5 pound jar of it below my altar thats how much i use it). Honey is the general term used for the sweet nectar that bees gather and bring back to their colony for sustenance. (properly obtained honey doesn’t harm the bees at all) Collected around The late summer and early fall, honey is a common and staple crop in many parts of the world.
Magikal Uses- Honey has a handful of Magikal proprieties, uses and distinct energies. the energies vary depending on which strain of honey you are working with. but overall i would describe them as positive, cleansing, gentle, soothing and warming. its great for spells, offerings and brews
- honey makes an acceptable offering for deities,
- it can be kept on your altar i keep some on my altar to remind me that amongst the seemingly overwhelming bitterness of everyday life that sweetness can be found.
- can be used in things involving Love, lust or sexuality
- Purification (works great in bath scrubs)
- health and healing
- community or communication
- abundance and prosperity
- used as a bonding agent in spells,(i find this nice because if you ever need to undo the spell, honey doesn’t permanently solidifies so whats bonded together can be unbound)
- candle magic (for anointing or beeswax candles)
- honey can be used to represent wisdom, because gathering honey from hives can be difficult and painful if done incorrectly so it became a metaphor for obtaining knowledge through pain
Honey has a long medicinal history - it will help with allergies if you eat a teaspoon of locally sourced honey each day. (buying local honey is great way to support your community and local agriculture) it is a natural immunity booster and has antibacterial properties, which is why it is good for soar throats. if you Shop around for honey you will see a wide range of hues, some are lighter, others are darker. overall, the darker the honey, the better its antibacterial and antioxidant power
There is a MAJOR difference between natural raw unpasteurized honey, and most store bought honey. Most commercial honey has no traces of pollen and lacks beneficial vitamins and enzymes among a host of other natural constituents which are removed due to pasteurization and processing. Most golden honey you see at your local grocery is dead and far from the health promoting powerhouse of its raw unpasteurized counterpart. Processed honey is not honey at all, and if you desire any kind of health benefits, you must stick to the real stuff.
If you consider yourself a witch, or practice anything that could be considered witchcraft, please reblog this. I want to see how many witches there are because I feel alone in this. And therefore a little weird…
Hag stones, also known as Holey Stones or Witch Stones, are stones that have a naturally occurring hole and are usually found near oceans and other bodies of water. They are said to be powerful protection talismans, and when worn or carried they protect the bearer from curses, hexes, negative spirits, and harm. They have also been used to prevent nightmares, being strung on a bedpost or placed underneath pillows. It is also believed that if you peer through the hole of the stone that you can see the Fae Folk and otherworldly entities. If one broke, it is thought to have used its power to protect a life.
Reblog with your personality types bolded, for your own reference, or for your followers to get to know you better!
western zodiac: aries, taurus, gemini, cancer, leo, virgo, libra, scorpio, sagittarius, capricorn, aquarius, pisces
eastern zodiac: rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog (wood), pig
myers-briggs: istj, isfj, infj, intj, istp, isfp, infp, intp, estp, esfp, enfp, enfj, esfj, estj, esfj, enfj, entj, entp
enneagram: type one, type two, type three, type four, type five, type six (wing seven), type seven, type eight, type nine
alignment:lawful good, neutral good, chaotic good, trueneutral, lawful neutral, chaotic neutral, lawful evil, neutral evil, chaotic evil
Litha craft: Sliced lemons and oranges left to dry. Then string up with cinnamon sticks and beads tied to a stick.
Just a little sorry to those who are following me, I’ve been mighty busy with work lately. Working 6 days a week with 6-8 hour shifts on non-stop standing. Makes any one tired and just sleep when they get home.
The 12 signs and the human body parts which they rule
Would make sense, since I’m told that i talk with my hands. x3
I walk the Earth
Who touches the Sea
That loves the Moon
Who mirrors the Sun
That was constructed by the Universe
Who expands for eternity.
That is my religion.