Going to try this. <3
~The Basics of Potion Making~
Many have heard of potions but aren’t sure about the making of a potion and what it Intel’s. a potion may represent an abstract quality, or inspire the mind to some significant awareness, or sooth the body to a state of well being, according to their concoction. When making a potion one has to put into account the meaning and use of the herbs used in the creation.
The creation of a potion can be as simple as making tea to as difficult as baking a soufflé . With potions there is an array of ingredients and magical correspondences one can use.
• time of day
•day of the week
There are a few different directions you can go in the making of a potion.
Tincture (Philters) potion
First crush the herb material with a mortar and pestle .
With the creation of a tincture you use a large mason jar and fill it 3/4 full of the chosen herbs then full the remaining space with 70 proof alcohol (vodka or rum). Then keep in a dark place for two weeks shaking it twice daily. After the two weeks strain out the plant matter and keep the remaining liquid in a dark bottle.
~when you wish to use it. Use a dropper and mix 2 drops of the condensed liquid to a cup of distilled water.
You can make a crystal elixir in your water bottle for the day for example for healing your can add amethyst, carnelian and agate or you can add crystals to your herbal potions the same way as the water method. Tho you can’t add any crystal because some crystals are poisonous, I suggest that you do thorough research on the crystals you choose to use. So you don’t accidentally Poison your self.
–Steep a stone in water for a measured amount of time in sunlight or moon light. You may leave the stone in the liquid and renew the fluid as necessary. Make sure the stone is scrubbed clean and rinsed well before you use it. Also make sure you have cleansed the stone of any foreign energy by any chosen method.
–An herbal elixir is a liquid that contains properties of planetary energies, because of the inclusion of herbs possessing the chosen plants equivalent vibrations. In an elixir, the herbs are blended with the physical, astral, and spiritual which all three levels are balanced. Thus all three are affected when the elixir is used. An alcohol based substance such as brandy in which you will place the herbs to extract the “sulphur” (astral qualities of the herb).
—Place 1 pint of brandy in a small enamel or glass sausepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer with the pan covered until you have reduced the liquid alcohol by half. Then turn the heat off.
—Pour the reduced alcohol into a dark, wide mouth jar. Now add 1/2 cup of your chosen dried herbs or 1 cup fresh herbs to the reduced alcohol in the jar and seal it. The alcohol is considered “mercury” (spiritual qualities of the herbs used)
—Keep the herbs and alcohol in your sealed jar in a slightly warm place for about 2 weeks.
—At this point strain the mixture until it is clear and has no particles of herb left in it.
— take the herbs that you have strained out for the last step in the process( store in a dark wide mouth jar) allow the herbs to completely dry . This may take a few days. When they are dry, place them in a fire resistant dish and ignite them. Allow the herbs to burn to ash.
–Next place the ashes in their fire resistant dish over the low flame of a Bunsen burner and heat the ashes to a red glow while grinding them occasionally. This produces “salt”
(Physical qualities of the herb)
–mix the “salt” back into the liquid in your dark jar and store the mixture again in its worm place. Let it sit for another 2 weeks.
–after that time, pour the liquid off, leaving the solid matter in the jar and seal it.
–allow it to sit another 2 weeks then open the jar and allow any moisture to evaporate.
–after the elixir completely drys scrape it into an air tight container.
—you can certainly save the liquid that you removed from the solid matter and use it in a bath, or discard it, you may pour it into a running stream to disperse your desires into the univers.
~when you wish to use the elixir , mix 1/4 tsp of dry elixir with 2 cups water and take it internally over a weeks period prior to your magical working.
An herbal condenser is not dimple to prepare than an elixir but can be used in similar ways.
–first take a large handful of an herb or herbal combination and place it in a small glass or enamel pot. Cover the herbs with distilled water.
–let the mixture simmer for 20 minutes with the pot covered. Turn off the heat and allow your mixture to cool, leavening the pot covered.
–when it is cool, strain out the herbs and return the liquid to the pot again. Summer with the lid on until the liquid has boiled down to Half.
– cool the liquid again and mix it with grain alcohol equal to the volume of the liquid.
–now add 10 flakes of gold and stir.
Bottle it in a dark amber or blue bottle to keep any light from touching the liquid and store in a cool dark place.
~when your wish to use the condenser, shake it first, then drink a liqueur glass full each day for a week prior to your rite.
—When you wish to begin your potion making I suggest that you put lots of thought into your process, so you can work the herbs powers to there extent. The day , the time, the amount, and the season all play rolls in this art.
• if there are any questions my ask is always open.
~The Darkest of Lights
Arin Murphy Hiscock
Good thing to have.
WHAT’S THE MAGIC CURE FOR DYING OF ALLERGIES?!?!
TRUTH! Local honey contains the pollens of the plants that are pestering you and thus acts as a sort of vaccine, helping your body build a tolerance to them through a safe, anti-bacterial medium.
When you relocate to a new area or home and/or find a new area to practice, it is also important to make the new digs comfortable for the fair folk. With that in mind, these are some methods I have used in my 14 years of practice that have worked like a charm for me.
- Never say ‘thank you’ when working with the Fae. They have a different way of interpreting and communicating, and saying ‘thank you’ is quid pro quo where the offering becomes interpreted by the Fae as ‘here’s your offering, now you owe me’ and you don’t want to do that unless you’re looking to piss the faeries off and have chaos ensue. Instead, when making offerings just say something along the lines of, “This is for you. I hope you enjoy this _________.”
- Anytime you bake something (bread, sweets, dessert) take a small portion and make an offering in the same place each time. This will become a familiar place of offering. I also offer flowers. You can choose to do this indoors or out. In my last apartment, I made the offering on our back deck and whatever was remaining I tossed in the woods to be consumed. Now I have a spot on my back porch I make offerings. Just be consistent and patient. The Fae may not return overnight. It takes time and trust. Just be consistent in how often you offer and the location the offerings are made.
- Some races of Fae do not like iron, so be sure the offering area is free from iron objects, which can be in anything as simple as a birdfeeder or a chair or even some witchcraft supplies. I have found, however, using a bone athame and/or natural materials works quite well. I have also never had issues when using anything that is ceramic, wood, or pottery based.
- Offerings can range from ribbons, small shiny pieces of mirror, tiny crystal points, art, dance, song, shiny beads, fruit, cream, honey, and butter. I have also found the Fae are quite fond of sugary kiddie cereals and/or sprinkles. A piece of bread with butter that is topped with colorful sprinkles has never been turned down in my experience.
- Be respectful and smart. Don’t make promises you can’t/won’t keep, and take time to truly work with the Fae and observe.
- Remember some individuals are more attracted to and by the Fae than others. Don’t take offense if you try to work with the Fae and just don’t feel it.
- Be prepared for the responsibility. Working with the Fae may bring brownies into your home. Keep it messy and chaotic and they will make shit go wrong. Think lightbulbs going out, things missing, and just chaos ensuing. Also remember that if you make regular offerings and then just stop, the Fae will let you know they aren’t happy. This isn’t something you do for fun. Working with the Fae is a major decision and takes a lot of practice, study, and dedication.
My name is Elizabeth, I’m a 19yr old gal with a dream to become a groomer and with your help I can.
Since I was younger I had always pictured myself in a line of work that involved animals. So, why not a groomer? For more than a year now, I have been working as a dog bather in a couple grooming salons as well as an ‘at home’ business of washing my neighbors and friends’ dogs when they asked me. Now that I have watched the groomers at my job work, seen the struggles they have been through and understood the responsibility of this career I know I’m ready to take the next step in getting my certificate in being a Certified Dog Groomer Stylist.
The tuition of the grooming schools that I am currently entertaining are about $6000 to $7000; which would take me a large sum of time to be able to raise on my own with a minimal wage job, paying rent and other financial expenses. With your help, no matter the amount, would be greatly appreciated to succeed in my dreams.
Thank You.- See more at: http://www.youcaring.com/tuition-fundraiser/get-me-into-grooming-school/144568#sthash.IYQBKXcB.dpuf
I just unfollowed a bunch of inactive blogs, so I am looking to fill up my dash again. :( Like or Reblog if you post/reblog any of the following:
- Art (traditional, digital, sculpture, etc)
- Mythological Creatures
- Mythology in general
- History of any kind
Well, the best way to figure out what sort of local fae are around is by looking and interacting with them! :D
If I am correct, there is a large population of various maidens within California? (they are similar to the Nymphs of Greek Mythology)
I know about California faaaeeeeeeeeee
(anon reveals herself)
Good to know, I’m definitely going to follow you <3
I’d love some advice and even help with understanding the Fae in my area. I live in the Lakewood/Long Beach residential side of SoCal and if there is anyone that lives around here, know about the Fae in their location or even some willing to share their knowledge on how to work with them, I’d love to chit chat on the whole thing.
Send me a message, in my ask or even just reblog this. Or point me in the direction of someone who you think can help? c:
- Never, ever trust anything claiming to be offering an “easy way out.”
- Always be polite until everyone shows their hands. You never know who or what you’re dealing with.
- Never freely give out your name.
- Bartering is usually alive and well. See what you can trade.
- Half of magic is belief.
- Gods and magical beings can be hiding anywhere. Keep your eyes peeled.
- A little kindness can go a long way.
- Nothing is ever really free.
- The most powerful things come in little packages.
- Don’t underestimate yourself. Your strength is frightening, there is iron in your bones. You can move mountains when you try.
What are you goddess of:
Freedom, Sex and Slumber
What Animals would be associated with you:
Cats, Goats and Caribou
Orange, Reds and Browns
Caribou Antlers, Bells and Rings
What would your offerings be:
Coffee, Baked goods, and Teas. Alters would typically have woven fabrics with various decorations of candles, stones and whatnot. Bones and furs can be used as well. In the end, the editable offerings are ether left outside for nature or consumed.
What would be your godly areas of expertise:
Helping those who need guidance to gain freedom in their lives. Spreading passion in the bedroom, starting a fire under those bed sheets to those who need the help or to add some spark in someones love life. As well as guiding the souls that need help drifting off to sleep.
Your Holiday is your birthday. How would it be celebrated.
June 10: Doing anything that expresses ones self, enjoying coffee or tea with a loved one and getting a good nap in are all wonderful ways to celebrate.